Monday, December 29, 2008

Shopping Fever

I think I have shopping fever, must have got the virus when I went to Taiwan(台湾) for a holiday.

In Taiwan I bought quite a number of pants, like half a dozen plus others hair-pins, bracelets and ………. I know my bag was full to the brim. I had to ask my nephew whether his bag have space or not. Luckily he has, if not I have to put it in my hand carry bag and check-in.

Back from Taiwan, my sister, her son, two nieces and I went shopping during Christmas Day. My sister, her son and I started at 9.30am leaving home to fetch our nieces. I can’t remember what time we reach One-U, I think it was around 11 am. We had lunch before starting our shopping exercise. You know get ourselves all fuel up first.

Among us I bought the most, 2 sandals, 2 singlet, 2 sweaters and one blouse. The blouse was a last minute thing, bought it on the way to the car park. Had seen it earlier thinking there could be nicer one at other shops. After walking like 4 to 5 hours did not see one that is better. Luckily on the way to the car park we pass that shop. I guess the blouse and I are fated to be together.

One of my nieces was looking and still looking for a purse that she likes, what a let down could not find one. She found a design she likes but the shop do not have the colour she wanted. I hope she finds it at other shopping mall. But she bought the shoes she was looking for. At least she did not walk away empty handed.

Our feet were aching, we had a short rest at a doughnut shop, had our drinks and doughnuts. My nieces said buy half a dozen, I find it too little, after all that exercise we needed the energy, refuel. I bought a dozen I ate the most, 4. I just ate one after another when I saw only 1 doughnut left. I started to count how many each of us ate, I was the winner. I told my niece I need to diet but later dinner went for steamboat. I told myself tomorrow I really need to diet. I was so full that day I could not sleep, I slept around 2.30am.

My sister son, my nephew got lost twice that day. Luckily we found him in less then 5 minutes. He just likes to run off on his own. I need to tell myself I had to be extra careful. My sister said of course you are not scared he’s not your son. Well! How should I react? I just keep calm and said it is not that, panic does not help. It’s good I keep calm.

I think shopping should be done without those children under 10 years, if they are there, buy only for children and go home or just enjoy the day with the child doing what is interesting for them. With them around, you don’t know to look at the clothes or the child.

The next day I went with my sister to Kepong Jusco again. There was 1 item on my shopping list that I haven’t bought. After seeing the bills, I told myself enough of buying yah enough.

The next day I went to PJ to return my P1 modem, on the way back I stop at KLCC. You guess right I went shopping again. I bought singlet, blouses and a coat. When I got home my sister was at mom’s house. She said, “wah! buy some more economic must be good for you”. It is not that, just that I always buy during year end, once a year kind of thing.

I was thinking I had bought all I wanted. Today my sister said do I want to go to the shopping mall that is near to home. I guess I just go see go see only. I end buying like 11 items. I saw the computer bag I was looking for, just RM30, where to find so cheap some more quality one lah.

I had been buying for four days non stop. I need to see the doctor for antibiotic, I need to kill the shopping virus. The antibiotic, tell myself I have all the stuffs I need and my credit card is at danger limit. Tomorrow when I wake up the virus will be gone. I am back to my old self, stingy.

1 comment:

  1. omg , my dear aunt , wat happen 2 u .. haha .. i canont bliv u get so many stuffs n items just in few days ... u r like a shopholic ...
    but i guess , on the very new year 2009 , u must b very save n go back 2 ur old ' kiam siap' style ... haha

    ReplyDelete