Thursday, December 11, 2008

Loss Out Because Don’t Read and Write Chinese 华语

Due to globalization, international firms that venture out of their countries, goes to China (中国) are looking for employee that know Chinese and English. So those that don’t know Chinese will loose out here.

I am bilingual, but the wrong combination, Bahasa Malaysia(马来语) and English(英语). If I choose to stay out of Chinese market then it is okay. If I want to go into Chinese market here I will loose out.

There are big giant companies looking for employees to fill the vacant positions in their project or company. So those who are bilingual the right combination will get the interview first, so wrong combination will always be second choice or no chance at all.

I loose out here as I did not get my interview straight away. My interview is about 2 month time when the interviewer comes home for his/her home trip. I was given this interview is because I showed her the confident in me.

There will be those who know Chinese but had not used it for a long time. They read but when it comes to writing or presenting it will be also a tedious task. Here the person might not want to take up the challenge.

With China emerging as an economic giant, being really good in English(英语) and Chinese(华语) is very useful. It opens up another opportunity. To tap this opportunity I must know English and Chinese. That is why I am giving myself 2 years to really pick this language up. I am getting myself a private tutor. Hopefully after 3 months I am able to raise my standard of Chinese from standard two to six. I should not give up so easily. Like I always tell my nephew when you play a computer game and not able to win the first time, tell yourself 我可以的(I can do it), give it a second try. I am telling myself the same thing我不会放弃。我可以的。(I will not give up. I can do it。)

No comments:

Post a Comment