Monday, December 15, 2008

December 2008 PC Fair

I had a good time today. This is the first time I went to PC Fair with my second brother’s children. I hope they had a good time too. Normally I would go with friends or my elder brother’s children or on my own.

This is the first time my niece and nephew goes to a PC Fair. We got ourselves quite a few items. They bought what they wanted, mouse, thumb-drive, ear phone and laptop fan. Myself thumb-drive, laptop fan, two one Gigabytes SD memory card and a W1Max broadband.

When I applied for the W1Max wireless broadband, they had a game where you go into a cubical and tried to get as much money as possible that was flying in the air. I got myself RM78 ringgit. I think I did a good job here but my niece and nephew had a good laugh.

We had or I had a good time bargaining. I learned quite a bit at the Fair, on the MP3, MP4 kind of thing. The Iphone is very expensive, near to RM3,000.00. The latest Desktop, that you can treat it as a laptop, just that it is slightly bigger than laptop or notebook. Laptops are getting smaller, my question is those with big hands will have a hard time at the keyboard. I know when I first used a laptop, my hands always get cramped because keyboard is small compared to a desktop’s keyboard.

The most interesting part for us or me, was not the computer merchandise but the free recycle bags that was given away. We saw people walking around with this P1 Intel recycle bag and bag comes in so many colours. After walking around and asking where they get it, we saw them distributing it. We quickly line up and get our free bags. I was very happy to have the recycle bag. It was at last we got our free recycle bag too like the others. Ha! I am so childish……..

We spend like about 5 hours at the Fair. On the way home we stopped at Starbuck to have our chocolate and mocha. Taking a taxi from KLCC will be difficult, not that there is no taxi but the taxi will not use the meter. We took the bus to Masjib Jamek and get our taxi from there. It was a first bus ride for my niece and nephew. I hope they find it interesting. I know they find it hard balancing themselves.

I am going to try my wireless broadband tomorrow. If it is good I am going to disconnect my streamyx and the fix phone line. I hope the service will be better than streamyx. Now with the competition coming in, I hope broadband will be cheap in future.

The next PC Fair I am going to get myself a MP4, would come in handy during meeting, recording Maharaj spiritual talks and during my travel. It should be cheaper than wah! Me so “Kiam Siap”(stingy) ha! Like one of my nephew said, already no money if not kiam siap lagi no money. I like what he said.

1 comment:

  1. Had returned the P1 modem. I find it convenient, fast but here at mom place which is blocked by condo had make connection difficult. No choice but to return. Maybe next time.

    As television is also a problem too,

    ReplyDelete