Friday, November 14, 2008

While Waiting I Stumble Into Aska Yang (杨宗纬)

It’s been a year since my last assignment. Had called my manager a few times, he always asked me to hang in there, it’s going to come, we are finalizing the detail. His hang in there is like months. There are not enough of helpdesk enquiries to go around as my seniors are also on bench. Anyway, I still get my monthly salary. I tried my best to occupy myself with work.

The first few months I read the application manual, read those application manual that is useful to me. After reading and had no chance of applying what I had read, only hope that I will remember when clients enquire.

End of February the fever of 12th General Election was contagious. I had the fever too. I was surprised by the result. I started to read all the politic blog, the most famous Malaysia today. I found that others have the same sentiment as me. I spend my time reading all the blog articles I can get my hands on. I even found that our Dr Mahathir also started blogging. After a few months I become bored, as I found lots of talk but no action. I still read but only the headlines, unless I find the article interesting I will read the whole thing.

I was following the news on TV, I saw a MV. It was (洋葱-yang cong, onion) by 杨宗纬. When I saw the MV, I told myself, singers nowadays don’t have to look superb good, they only need a good vocal. Most MV that appeared on TV does not attract my eyes or ears. This does, I tried catching the MV on TV somehow I did not get the second chance. I guess I did not spend enough time in front of the TV.

After a few weeks I had forgotten about it, one day out of boredom, I watch Astro 301, I saw the One Million Star competition show, its was season 2. I noticed the judges were very professional, and give very good constructing remarks to the contestants. I also noticed none of the competitors have very good look, just normal. Then came the duet with season 1, I asked my nephew this guy 杨宗纬 was he the winner. My nephew replied he’s not but exit towards the end of the competition. The big question WHY? I thought I could overcome the curiosity, Curiosity kills the cat.

My reading and written Hanyu is around standard 2, after finishing my level 1 Hanyu class. My listening and spoken is good, went to youtube, spend about a week going thru season 1. Found out why he retrieved from the competitions.

With all the medias and human eyes and mouths, he can still go on stage to own up, it’s takes a lot of courage. I would have died from it. To me why he did that, it was like, give it one last chance. What is the big deal? Don’t we all make mistakes every now and than, just that we are not in public eyes like him. I still go to youtube or his webpage to view.

My next target is to sew table runner and knit, hopefully by the time I finished the next assignment will be around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment