Monday, November 10, 2008

The Question: The Purpose Of A Human Birth.

When I started to ask this qestion? I remember when I was 6 years old, I saw neighbour's children courting girl, then dating and married. I saw lots of adult after married have children, grow old and die. I asked myself am I going to be like that, the question, what is the purpose of me being here. I kept this question to myself, knowing that my parents cannot give me a good answer and might asked me to stop asking stupid question.

After a few years I saw a documentary on animal courting by National Geographic, I saw human also does that, human also court and mate. What is the different between a human and an animal. This extra thing between a human and animal what is it used for. Is it used to cultivate more bodily enjoyment or........

This question why am I here, what is the purpose of me being born as a human being was always at the back of my mind. Around 16 years old I started this habit of reading books, I was crazied over European Historic Books. I got my books from school library and the national library.

One day I saw a book in my brother's room, I was so exited as the book's cover has two man in armour riding a chariot pulled by four white horses. I took the book, thinking it is going to be a good book, when I opened the book to my disappointment it was not in english but some funny writing. I looked at the cover, it said "Bhagavad Gita". I asked myself what it mean and put the book back on my brother's study table. I have forgotten about this book.

In my late twenties because of problems faced everyday, I turned myself to God, I went to church, temple but could not find it could helped. One day my brother introduced me to deity Govinda. When I first hear the name Govinda my heart tells me it is it. In my heart I wanted to know more on this deity. Later I meet a colleague that introduced me to Krsna Consciousness. Here I learned that Govinda is Krsna and Krsna is Govinda. I started reading all the books I can get my hands on but not Bhagavad Gita. Friend told me to get the book.

One day, I was at Brickfields on Wesak Day, I saw this man selling books. I walked up to him and asked do you have a book, title Bhagavad Gita. His replied was yes I have a book called Bhagavad Gita as it is and it was the last book he has. I did not look at the book but just bought the book.

At home, I looked at the book, looking at the cover, the feeling like I have seen this book before. After a few days then I remember it was that book that I wanted to read many years ago. It was not a story book but a spiritual book. I quickly opened the book to see whether it was in english. Yes, it is translated. Because of work I do not have time to read, one day I finally started reading it. I found my answer to my question, why I take birth as a human being. I am to find my way back to Godhead, back to our creater, back to our father.

This also started another search in my heart, who is my spiritual guru that will able to take me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment