Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Thai Words That I had pick up

I had forgotten my 0 to 10 numbers in Thai, my colleague had refreshed it for me. Let see, zero is "soon", one is "neeng", two is "song", three is "sam", four is "see", five is "ha", six is "hawk", seven is "jet", eight is "pet", nine is "kao" and ten is "sip".

Turn left - "leo side"
Turn right - "leo kua"
Drive straight - "tong pai"
How much - "toll rai"
Excuse me - "kho tor kah" - this sound like kotor kah to me when i first hear it.

This one is good,
Which floor is chan nai..... when I first hear it, I was like OH so vulgar. My colleague said "don't think crocked".

Don't want plastic bag - mai au thong
Color - C said it in the 4th tone like mandarine

Learn a few new words lately.
rain - phon tot
telephone - toll lap sap (when first hear this, you mean throw rubbish in canto is telephone in thai)
go home - kha bun

Assignment had finished in Bangkok, after 4 1/2 months, I don't think I have learn many Thai words. I managed to find a Thai for beginners. It is from English to Thai Ka ra oki, so can understand.

Good to be home, haven't update my blog for a few months. Hope to find more time for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment