Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Judge A Book By Its Cover or Judge A Fruit By Its Look.

Few weeks ago, was chatting with a friend over the phone. We were chatting how many of us like to judge a person by the first impression. What you would say “judge a book by its cover” or “judge a fruit by its look” this is from me.

I used to be like that but as time past, I noticed it was very wrong to do that, most of the time my judgment was wrong too. How I judge a person, the other person can also do the same to me. Nowadays I tried as much as possible not to do it.

My friend said most people buy fruits they look at the fruits from the outside, like buying apple, pear and orange. You only noticed it is bad or rotten until you takes it home and cut open it. We can’t see inside when we purchased them. It is like selecting friends we never know they are good or bad until we get to know them or it is too late, already been cheated.

I continued with just like buying mango, mango that look nice and smell nice most of the time don’t taste good. Take example Australia mango and Thailand mango, black gold (黑金). Australia mangoes look so smooth and have that mango smell but the taste is not that great. Thailand black gold, look not so great, green sometime have black marking on it. When you cut open and taste the mango it is so good. So a person that wear a tie and coat and smell of perfume does not mean he/she is a good person, they could be devil in disguise or a wolf hiding under a sheep skin.

Then I added maybe we should choose our friends like buying durians, what the Chinese say “Bao Chi包吃”. When we buy durian we shake, smell, knock and give it a good look then we said ok. This one open and let me see inside. If inside looks like what you want you buy it.

We were laughing, and asked each other are you a durian, an apple or a mango. Both of us replied durian. Wah! Think so highly of ourselves. Then we added not everyone likes durian or can accept durian. We were laughing how our mind can make human characters match with fruits.

Nowadays both of us, if a friend irritates us, we would say, we didn’t know that he/she is a ……….and we will start laughing.

So which fruits are you, a D24, India mango, banana, passion fruits, strawberries…… Don’t tell me you are a ciku.

No comments:

Post a Comment